We had a staff meeting at I.M. Spa, my favorite workplace in the whole wide world, the Friday before I started classes at the University of Arkansas to study Nursing. In addition to talking about what we needed to do to pull together while I was time challenged (to say the least) with classes, we also talked about what we would do to celebrate when we made it through to the end of Final Exams in May. And no I won’t be completely finished then, I will still have 4 semesters to go. We’ll have to travel after every semester I think.
All of us I.M. Spa girls are going to all pile into my minivan for a road trip to Visit Dallas to steam it up at King Spa and whatever other cool spa like places and Raw Food Restaurants we can discover. I’m going to need some serious relaxation after working at the spa, being mom to my 4 boys, and going to school full time.
To make it more interesting though, we need suggestions for where to go on the way and while we’re there. So if you reply on the bottom of this blog post with a great suggestion for where we can go and we’ll put your name in a drawing to win $100 worth of Spa Services at I.M. Spa, or, if the winner is not close to Fayetteville we’ll send them a $100 gift basket. We’re interested in–Spas, great independent bodywork places, hot springs, Farmer’s Markets, Raw Food restaurants, yoga studios, independent businesses that make Dallas unique, and must sees.
For instance our friend Alpha, who is like the sun shining so bright, mentioned an amazing foot massage place in Frisco. I’ve got to get with her to get the name of that place. Suggestions like that are gold to us.
- So here’s the deal:
- get together your favorite places in Dallas, or in between Dallas and Fayetteville. Spas, independent businesses, hot springs, yoga studios, raw food restaurants, or things that you’ve heard about but haven’t been to yet. Each one can be a separate entry.
- post them in a reply at the bottom of this blog post
- or post them on our Facebook Page
- or post them on our Twitter Account. We’ll hashtag #itouchpeople on our trip so you can see what we’re up to.
- we’ll draw for a winner when we SURVIVE Spring Semester at UofA and come back from Dallas!
- look for our upcoming posts for pictures and a full report!
Wendy Finn is the mother of 4 boys, owner of I.M. Spa, a Raw Food Enthusiast and educator, a world traveler in pursuit of superior massage education, a Master Massage Therapist of 20 plus years, a gardener, and a nursing student. She’s passionate about touching people and sharing health.