This has been an amazing and busy year. I wonder if I’m normal because I take on so much work. Does everybody do that?
There are so many amazing things I want to get into and so little time.
My year in review:
- Completed 3 semesters of nursing school with a 4.0 gpa (not sure that matters to anybody but me, but there it is).
- Fed my family mostly vegan, mostly raw, most of the year!
- Ate lots of veggies out of my own garden (which was a miracle because I had zero time for gardening).
- Kept my business going for a whole year while I simultaneously attended nursing school.
Also didn’t think that was possible. There are amazing people who work at I.M. Spa, that’s all there is to it.
- Took my work crew to Dallas spas and raw food restaurants.
- Traveled to Disney World with my family over Spring Break.
- Watched my kids: win the school spelling bee (Ben), play soccer and baseball (Zach and Ben), march in band (Sean) and go to Disney with the Band, sing a solo in the St. Paul’s Christmas Pagaent (Ben), take crazy courses in college like Calculus 3 and chemical engineering (Levi), attend their first homecoming dance (Sean), and fall in love with drumming (Zach).
- Floated the Buffalo River with dear friends.
- Saw Boston in concert.
- Revived my meditation practice.
- Ran to school and work regularly.
- Made dreamcatchers with my mom and just always love being with her.
- Watched Craig pour a concrete slab for a Hot Tub that we have not yet found. Watched Craig do amazing things in personal growth, change his food, and get his blood pressure under control with meditation. He amazes me. And he bikes 60 miles round trip to nursing school in Bentonville.
- Took my neice (Bella) to the Nutcracker.
- Picked blueberries with my family from Texas.
- Maintained my gratitude practice with my Gratitude Partner via email. For that I am eternally grateful 🙂
- Snuggled with my boys a LOT! It’s a favorite.
- Blogged a little.
I am so grateful to be here and can’t even begin to imagine what kinds of things we’ll be getting into this year. I’m glad to have survived a year of nursing school while being a working mom, and I am constantly amazed at all the opportunities and experiences that we have.
What are you grateful for this year?
Wendy Finn is the mother of 4 boys, owner of I.M. Spa, a Raw Food Enthusiast and educator, a world traveler in pursuit of superior massage education, a Master Massage Therapist of 20 plus years, a gardener, and a nursing student. She’s passionate about touching people and sharing health. Schedule an appointment for a massage 479-251-7422