6 Commitments or New Year’s Resolutions
Today was the first day back in nursing school after a 3 week break. And during the break I took some time to try to define what was important to me to keep up with if it was at all possible during the craziness that is full time nursing school, full time business owner, and full time mama of four boys.
Things I put in my planner were:
- I want to continue to run to school and to work, but I’m also training for the Hogeye Half Marathon with my son Sean (he’s 16) and Ellie, a young colleague from nursing school. We’re training 5 days a week. Yeah. I don’t know how that’s gonna get done either–but there it is.
- I want to meditate daily-15minutes.
- I want to blog 3 days a week and not get onto myself if it’s not perfect. I at least need to show up.
- I want to do yoga with Ben one day a week (Mondays because it’s a rest day from running). When your nine year old kid wants to do something with you, you’d better make time for it, because God knows, soon enough he’s going to have a life that is too busy for yoga dates with mom (hopefully not, but it’s a distinct possibility).
- I want to continue developing my book. Yeah, I said it.
- I want to invite friends over to play once a month. Because I love them and they’re just going to have to forgive my messy home. It is what it is.
I really don’t know if there are actually enough hours in the day for this crazy list. But surely if I just do a little bit regularly I will be okay. I’ll try to keep you posted on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. But if you don’t hear from me for a while, you’ll know that I’m buried with school work.
And if I lose my mind in the process, you’ll be hearing bout it.
Schedule your appointment at I.M. Spa : 479-251-7422
Wendy Finn is the mother of 4 boys, owner of I.M. Spa, a Raw Food Enthusiast and educator, a world traveler in pursuit of superior massage education, a Master Massage Therapist of 20 plus years, a gardener, and a nursing student. She’s passionate about touching people and sharing health. Schedule an appointment for a massage 479-251-7422
I’m rooting for you, lady! And going in to get a massage today – woohoo! 🙂
Kudos to you for your bravery, intentions and planning. And for your willingness to just see how it shapes up.
I am putting the Hogeye on my planner, want to see you cross the line !
I didn’t see you at the Hogeye Carole! I couldn’t keep up with my writing this semester, but I did run that Hogeye!